In 2019 AACI grew its membership, awarded patient advocate scholarships for its annual Hill Day
, hosted its first CAR T therapy
symposium, and increased the publication frequency of the Update
newsletter and Commentary
editorial series. AACI recaps these achievements and more in its 2019 Report
. In addition to enhancing the impact of North America's leading cancer centers, AACI gives patient advocates a chance to share their inspiring stories. We’ve highlighted these patients’ experiences—in their own words—throughout the report.
In 2020 AACI will develop innovative programming that supports the interests of its members and provide peer-to-peer networking opportunities for cancer center leadership. AACI will continue to empower cancer centers by providing a unifying platform for members to develop best practices, receive high quality education, engage in meaningful advocacy activities, advance public policy, and collaborate with each other.
Membership benefits for 2020 include:
- Access to listserv discussions, webinars, calls, and meetings of AACI's CAR T Initiative, Clinical Research Innovation (CRI), and Physician Clinical Leadership Initiative (PCLI)
- Participation in annual meetings, advocacy activities, and monthly update calls of the AACI Government Relations Forum
- Use of the AACI Public Policy Resource Library, which offers state-level model legislation and advocacy resources for cancer research funding, the elimination of HPV-related cancers, and tobacco control
- Participation in Hill Day and the opportunity to bring a patient advocate to Washington
- Opportunities to amplify your cancer center's accomplishments through AACI's social media, website, and monthly digital publications
- Registration at the member rate for the 2020 AACI/CCAF Annual Meeting in Kansas City and the 12th Annual AACI CRI Meeting in Chicago
View the 2019 AACI Report