Senior Director Oncology Services
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health, Lebanon, NH
The Senior Director for Oncology Services is responsible for directing and coordinating comprehensive and integrative oncology practices across the oncology service line, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (DH-H) affiliate members and community hospitals. This position provides direction for the business and financial operations, develops and implements system clinical goals and initiatives as well as uniformed clinical practices across the system oncology service line and provides leadership, strategic direction and goal planning for all oncology services.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Director include:
· Plans, directs, conducts and implements clinical, operational and business activities of the NCCC.
· Develops programs, goals and objectives consistent with those of the NCCC and DH-H overall strategic plans.
· Serves as primary liaison and support for NCCC leadership at system entities.
· Acts as primary liaison between NCCC Senior Leadership, D-H Strategic Planning Office, CGP Leadership, and system members’ leadership to develop and implement NCCC services in the communities of NH & VT.
· Directs operational and strategic oversight to the NCCC campuses of Nashua, Manchester, Lebanon and St. Johnsbury.
· Primary liaison between NCCC Nashua and the Greater Nashua Radiation Center to develop enhanced services at both locations.
· In conjunction with the D-H Strategy Office, develops outreach plans and negotiates oncology outreach contracts and services with CEOs of multiple community hospitals in NH and VT.
· Ensures and coordinates the preparation of the annual capital and operating budget with NCCC leadership. Develops strategies to improve revenue and decrease costs.
Minimum qualifications include:
· MBA, MS in Healthcare Leadership/Healthcare Management or other advanced degree.
· 15 years of healthcare system experience or the equivalent required with five (5) years of experience in oncology.
· Managerial effectiveness, problem solving, and change management abilities desired.
· Ability to travel up to 50% of time. Most travel is within service line and regionally.
About Norris Cotton Cancer Center:
Norris Cotton Cancer Center, one of only 71 NCI-designated Cancer Centers is a world leader in cancer research. Our research themes are divided into four main programs:
• Cancer Population Sciences: focuses on prevention and control research, seeking to identify nutritional, environmental, and lifestyle factors that may cause cancer. We help patients understand their cancer risk and work to prevent cancer-causing behaviors, such as tobacco use by children.
• Cancer Biology and Therapeutics: studies basic mechanisms that underlie cancer development and progression. Our scientists are developing new drugs and therapeutic interventions to stop cancers in the very earliest stages of growth.
• Immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy: develops new immunotherapeutic strategies for the treatment of cancer by learning how to engage the body’s own immune system to fight cancer.
• Translational Engineering in Cancer: uses imaging, radiobiology, biophysics, and engineering approaches to develop new cancer diagnostic and treatment strategies and devices. This multidisciplinary group includes faculty from The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, the Thayer School of Engineering, and many different clinical departments within Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Norris Cotton Cancer Center offers a full range of cancer care at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH. We work closely with doctors, nurses and specialists at regional centers in Keene, Manchester, and Nashua, NH, and in St. Johnsbury, VT, as well as at affiliated hospitals in northern New England to coordinate patient referral, treatment, and education as close to home as possible.
Dartmouth-Hitchcock offers an outstanding benefits package including, but not limited to paid vacation, holiday and sick days, competitive CME allowance and dedicated CME time, Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, employer-funded retirement plan, and a generous relocation bonus.
Applicants are encouraged to APPLY HERE
Please address all cover letters and correspondence to:
Mark L. Semiao, MBA
Executive Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.