The Stanford Cancer Institute (SCI) is a National Cancer Institute (NCI) Designated Cancer Center that seeks to build synergies and collaborations across the Stanford University Campus. SCI faculty researchers are active in translational research with more than 250 cancer related clinical research studies ongoing at any time. The NCI National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN) Program is a very important component of the Stanford Cancer Clinical Research Program, providing important study opportunities for our patients and leadership opportunities for Stanford faculty. The infrastructure support for this program is located in the SCI Cancer Clinical Trials Office.
The NCTN Quality & Education Specialist will focus on building and maintaining quality systems for the NCTN Program, including the following specific responsibilities.
- Developing an education curriculum specific to NCTN requirements that complements the existing education program. Provide the training in collaboration with NCTN program management and education to NCTN investigators based on the defined investigator curriculum and in response to changes in NCTN requirements.
- Develop and maintain NCTN-specific SOPs and guidelines that are designed to ensure compliance with all NCTN and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and manage any active CAPAs by tracking that deliverables are on target and monitoring the effectiveness of the preventative action(s) and integrally involved in the development of any new CAPAs related to NCTN study conduct.
- Track ongoing monitoring activities (internal and external) and will review the outcome of those activities to determine any warranted changes to quality systems. As time permits be directly involved in quality monitoring activities of NCTN studies.
- Be the liaison with the NCTN group auditors for scheduling, ensuring submission of required documents, facilitating the audit and following up on audit issues including audit report response.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
- Experience with NCTN clinical studies
- Experience developing and delivering training
To apply to this position or for more information, please visit the following website link and requisition #80676: https://careersearch.stanford.edu/jobs/nctn-quality-education-specialist-4203