The Penn State Cancer Institute, Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center in Hershey PA has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Clinical Research Operations in their Clinical Trials Office. This individual would provide leadership and oversight of clinical research projects, manage day to day operations of the clinical staff, and help with training and education of the staff. The Operations Manager will have direct reports, including the regulatory manager, data management manager, clinical nurse manager and to be determined QA/QC section. . Additionally, the Operations Manager will interface with multiple levels of the organization and affiliate centers in order to provide continuous improvement and achieve the research goals of PSCI. . Penn State Cancer Institute Clinical Trials Office provides support the Cancer Institute clinical investigators in the development, implementation and completion of clinical trials. The Operations Manager would be part of providing cutting edge clinical trials to patients within a 27 county catchment area. This position would report to the Administrative Director of the PSCI CTO. Relocation funds are authorized for this position.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Responsibility for recruiting, hiring, and performing performance reviews for assigned staff
- Evaluate clinical trial needs and allocates proper clinical and non-clinical resources
- Coordinate the schedule of research staff to ensure adequate staffing levels
- Assist the Research Education Specialist in the orientation and ongoing training of staff
- Assist with the ongoing quality assurance evaluations of clinical research practice
- Implementing operational standards for clinical research practice and monitor progress
- Participate in the establishment and interpretation of policies, objectives, and procedures for clinical trials
- Help to engage relevant investigators and clinical providers to ensure research issues are addressed effectively
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of experience in clinical trials research
- Two years of leadership experience
- SOCRA or ACRP certification
- Master’s degree
- Oncology experience
As part of one of the country’s pre-eminent universities, our 548-bed tertiary medical center is the central Pennsylvania’s region’s only level I adult and pediatric trauma center and academic medical center. Also home to Penn State Children’s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute, we are considered a resource for the most complex adult and pediatric cases.
Hershey, PA is the birthplace of everyone’s favorite chocolate! The surrounding area offers a pleasant alternative to the pressures of urban living with a mix of well-maintained communities with quiet tree-lined streets, safe shopping districts, beautiful farmland, and state parks and game lands. In addition, cultural opportunities abound with the Hershey and Harrisburg orchestras, the amazing Hershey Park amusement park, American League Hockey with the Hershey Bears (Washington Capitals), and Minor League Baseball’s Harrisburg Senators (Washington Senators). There is something to do for everyone!
To apply for this position, please visit the following website link and requisition #9631:
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.