The George Washington Cancer Center is seeking applicants for the role of Manager, Clinical Research Budgeting/Finance.
This senior-level position focuses on providing research program support and pre-award and post-award management on behalf of the GW Cancer Center. This position makes recommendations to policy and procedures and has authority to implement change. This position often maintains fiscal responsibility and manages budgets and compliance timelines throughout the award, as well as outreach to other GW stakeholders in order to assist in maintaining standard operational efficiencies. This position serves as the primary liaison partnering with Principal Investigators, managing day-to-day operations through direct grant award and administrative contributions to ensure research success. Other responsibilities include:
· Interprets the financial requirements and billable nature of items and services on clinical trial protocols by conducting a Coverage Analysis, and negotiating budgets with sponsors.
· Works with the clinical research coordinator to review and prepare informed consent changes for appropriate language as it relates to cost section.
· Reviews, negotiates and finalizes all grant and contract research awards for the GW Cancer Center (including indemnity, publication rights, and financial terms). Confers with legal counsel concerning liability and intellectual property/licensing issues in contractual and grant agreements.
· Determines legal and financial sufficiency of proposed research awards.
· Provides assistance to faculty in preparing proposals and help identify funding sources and opportunities for research.
· Maintains up to date knowledge of applicable regulations and policies governing grant
· Oversees monthly billing/invoicing for funded clinical trials verifying financial data for
accuracy, completeness and conformance with clinical trial study budgets, includes accurate input of budget and payment milestones into tracking system. Tracks monthly payments and payment issues so that contracts and budgets can be renegotiated, if necessary. Monitors outstanding invoices, tracking collection, reducing accounts receivable balance.
· Assists GW investigators in resolving research-related billing issues (in collaboration with individuals in the MFA and Hospital).
· Assists in the development, implementation and enhancement of specific projects related to clinical research finance by defining overall project goals, expectations of customers, tasks and activities required to achieve project goals.
· Assists with new employee orientation of financial management of studies.
· Takes on special projects or tasks as required and needed by the Director of the CTO.
Please apply here: https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/69150