Cedars-Sinai Cancer is seeking a new Clinical Research Budget Coordinator I/II- Pre Award. This is an exciting and transformational time for the cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai with its renewed plans and aspirational goals to be a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. The Cedars-Sinai Cancer program sees over 4500 new cases of cancer per year and is part of Cedars-Sinai Health a rapidly expanding vertically integrated health system with practices located in Southern California, including Tower Hematology-Oncology, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Valley Oncology Medical Group, the Marina Del Rey hospital Torrance Memorial, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
We are seeking a dedicated Clinical Research Budget Coordinator I/II- Pre Award to assist with the developing trial budgets sponsored by industry, NIH and Investigator initiated clinical research. The Clinical Research Budget Coordinator will critically evaluate research protocols to assess resources needed.
- Determine whether research procedures in the protocol are standard-of-care or a research-related costs.
- Negotiates trial budgets with industry sponsors.
- Works closely with investigators to obtain accurate budget details.
- Works with the CSMC office of Sponsored Research to develop final budgets for clinical trials and research projects.
- May assist with invoicing sponsors, patient research billing, reimbursement to ancillary departments, and payment tracking.
- May provide training and education of other personnel and supervise other budget coordinators.
- May participate in centralized activities of the department or institution.
- May plan and coordinate strategies to improve existing standard operating procedures related to budgeting and clinical trials finance.
- May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
- Perform Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA) for clinical trials sponsored by industry and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as well as investigator-initiated clinical research.
- In collaboration with the Principal Investigator and the clinical team, determines whether research procedures in the protocol are standard-of-care or a research-related cost in order to correctly classify expenses.
- Collaborate with the MCA Analyst and Institutional Review Board to finalize and obtain MCA approval
- Develop study budgets for clinical trials sponsored by industry and the NIH as well as investigator-initiated clinical research
- Work closely with investigators and ancillary departments to obtain accurate budget details
- Work with the CSMC office of Sponsored Research to develop final budgets for clinical trials and research projects
- Negotiates budgets and payment terms with Sponsors
- Completes the OnCore Financial Console for studies managed via OnCore
- In collaboration with the OnCore Specialists, review and finalize study calendars to ensure agreement with MCA and study budget.
- 3-5 years of experience working as a clinical budget coordinator
- Experience working with oncology clinical research
- Experience with On-Core Data management system
We are among the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, medical education and medical research, with total annual revenues of $3.7 billion. Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest non-profit academic medical centers in the U.S. with 886 licensed beds, 2,100 physicians, 3,000 nurses and thousands of other healthcare professionals and staff. Clinical programs range from primary care for preventing, diagnosing and treating common conditions to specialized treatments for rare, complex and advanced illnesses.
Interested candidates should submit applications directly to http://careers.cedars-sinai.edu/ Search requisition # 18002353
Cedars-Sinai encourages and welcomes diversity in the workplace AA/EOE