Assistant Director and Director of Clinical Trials Office
The Yale Cancer Center
The Yale Cancer Center (YCC) Assistant Director and Director of Clinical Trials Office is a critical member of the leadership team at the National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center at Yale University School of Medicine. Operating with significant autonomy and independence and reporting jointly to the YCC Deputy Director for Finance and Administration and the YCC Associate Director for Clinical Sciences, the role is principally responsible for the execution of high impact clinical research in oncology across the Yale campus and Smilow Cancer Hospital (SCH), including its network of 12 community-based SCH Care Center locations. This includes federally-funded, foundation, industry-sponsored, and investigator initiated human subject research. The scope of responsibility for this position includes managerial authority for more than 150 staff, administrative responsibility for a portfolio of approximately 300 treatment-based clinical trials open to accrual (plus additional trials in follow-up status), accruing more than 900 patients annually, with a population of approximately 7,000 newly diagnosed cancer cases annually across the delivery system. Key responsibilities include management operations, financial planning and budgeting, strategic planning, personnel management, regulatory compliance, facilities planning, and technology deployment. The position will be a critical partner in human subjects research strategy relevant to oncology with other entities at Yale such as the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation, the Human Research Protection Program, the Office of Sponsored Programs, and Yale New Haven Health.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of human subject research management experience, 5 of which should be in an oncology-relevant role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5 or more years of experience in clinical trial management at an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center.
• Current clinical research professional certification such as ACRP, SOCRA.
• Ability to operate with strategic perspective and utilize independent judgement in pursuit of specific institutional goals.
• Exceptional communication skills and an ability to bring diverse teams of individuals, including faculty and staff, together towards a common goal.
• Ability to represent the institution at regional and national meetings of oncology clinical research administration.
• Familiarity with the financial aspects of clinical trials administration.
• Preferred: 5 or more years of experience in clinical trial management at an NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center; preferably including playing a significant role in the submission of a CCSG application and subsequent NCI site visit. Experience with OnCore as a Clinical Trials Management System. Experience with EPIC as an enterprise wide electronic health record.
For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online here
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, and much more.