Manager of Clinical Research Operations – Hem-Onc Clinical Trials
An opportunity exists for a Manager of Clinical Research Operations in Hem-Onc Clinical Trials at Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania. They will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight of clinical research projects with an emphasis on managing the day to day operations of the clinical staff. It will be of importance to interface with multiple levels of the organization and external entities in order to provide continuous improvement and goals within the research department.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
• Evaluate clinical trial needs and allocates proper clinical and non-clinical resources
• Responsibility for recruiting, hiring, and performing performance reviews for assigned staff
• Coordinate the schedule of research staff to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Assist the Research education Specialist in the orientation and ongoing training of staff
• Assist with the ongoing quality assurance evaluations of clinical research practice
• Implementing operational standards for clinical research practice and monitor progress
• Participate in the establishment and interpretation of policies, objectives, and procedures for clinical trials
• Help to engage relevant investigators and clinical providers to ensure research issues are addressed effectively
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five years of experience in clinical trials research
• Two years of leadership experience
• SOCRA or ACRP certification
Additional preferred qualifications include:
• Master’s degree
• Oncology experience
As part of one of the country’s pre-eminent universities, our 548-bed tertiary medical center is the central Pennsylvania’s region’s only level I adult and pediatric trauma center and academic medical center. Also home to Penn State Children’s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute, we are considered a resource for the most complex adult and pediatric cases.
Hershey, PA, and the surrounding area offer a pleasant alternative to the pressures of urban living with a mix of well-maintained communities with quiet tree-lined streets, safe shopping districts, beautiful farmland, and state parks and game lands. To apply for this position, please visit the following website link and requisition #9631: http://www.pennstatehershey.org/web/guest/home/employment
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.