Clinical Research Educator – Hem-Onc Clinical Trials
An opportunity exists for a Clinical Research Educator in Hem-Onc Clinical Trials at Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania. They will be responsible for the design, implementation, and evaluation of research orientation and ongoing education programs and specialized courses for all levels of Clinical Trials Office (CTO) personnel. They will also serves as a positive change agent to initiate and support progress toward and the achievement of organizational strategic research related goals.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
• Conducting ongoing assessments of learning needs and competencies of CTO staff
• Develop and evaluate research related continuing education curriculums for CTO staff, investigators, and clinical team
• Implement engaging, interactive research related training for research and clinical staff to assure compliance with Good Clinical Practices and regulations
• Facilitate clinical training for the assigned research area to promote excellence in the care of patients enrolled in clinical trials
• Design initial and ongoing protocol specific training for investigator initiated research and cooperative group trials • Facilitate the onboarding of new CTO staff, plan and provide effective orientation activities, and ensure documentation of each step of orientation process
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Graduate degree
• Five years of experience in clinical trials research
• Two years of leadership experience
• SOCRA or ACRP certification
• Previous education and training experience
Additional preferred qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree with greater than eight years’ experience in clinical research As part of one of the country’s pre-eminent universities, our 548-bed tertiary medical center is the central Pennsylvania’s region’s only level I adult and pediatric trauma center and academic medical center. Also home to Penn State Children’s Hospital and Penn State Cancer Institute, we are considered a resource for the most complex adult and pediatric cases.
Hershey, PA, and the surrounding area offer a pleasant alternative to the pressures of urban living with a mix of well-maintained communities with quiet tree-lined streets, safe shopping districts, beautiful farmland, and state parks and game lands. To apply for this position, please visit the following website link and requisition #9742:http://www.pennstatehershey.org/web/guest/home/employment
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.