Seven new members have been selected to join AACI’s Physician Clinical Leadership Initiative (PCLI) Steering Committee:
- Paula Fracasso, MD, PhD, FACP, professor of medicine and obstetrics and gynecology and deputy director and SVP, cancer service line, VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Stephanie J. Si Lim, MD, MBA, assistant researcher, division of pediatric hematology/oncology and assistant clinical professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Hawai'i Cancer Center, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
- Quan Ly, MD, FACS, professor of surgical oncology and associate director of diversity, equity, and inclusion, Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center
- Nicole Simone, MD, leader, Cancer Risk and Control Program, and professor and vice chair of research, Faculty Development and DEI in Radiation Oncology and Integrative Medicine and Nutrition Sciences, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson Health
- Theresa L. Werner, MD, professor of medicine and senior director of clinical research at Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah
- Julia White, MD, FACR, FASTRO, professor and vice chair of clinical operations, Department of Radiation Oncology, and Hall Family Foundation Endowed Professor of Clinical Science, The University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Lee Wilke, MD, senior medical director of clinical cancer services and Hendricks Endowed Chair of Breast Cancer Surgery Research, University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center
The new members’ terms began February 1.
PCLI pursues a variety of objectives, including developing better methods to disseminate information across cancer centers, identifying and addressing oncology care model barriers, faculty career development, and measuring quality. Recent accomplishments for the PCLI Steering Committee include:
- Disseminated a survey to the AACI membership to assess the impact on 21st Century Cures Act Immediate Release of Protected Information to patients, which was summarized in an article published in JCO Oncology Practice
- Hosted two webinars: A Transdisciplinary "Tweetorial" With Seasoned Colleagues and Career Development: Making the Transition From Training to Clinician Investigator
- Facilitated a session at the 2022 AACI/CCAF Annual Meeting titled "The Future of The Oncology Workforce With the Great Talent Swap"