Clinical Research Nurse - Georgetown University Medical Center
Serves as research nurse for clinical trials using investigational agents for the hematology/oncology group. Primary duties of the Clinical Research Nurse include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for patient safety, data management, and protocol compliance.
• Acts as a liaison with staff, IRB, physicians, pharmaceutical companies, and federal agencies requiring data.
• Schedules in-service for appropriate staff regarding clinical trial.
• Provides patient education about clinical trial treatment, possible side effects, and required testing.
• Participates in site initiation visits, monitoring visits, and audits.
• Responsible for financial management for patients participating in clinical trials.
• Assists in the assessment, management and coordination of care across the continuum of care (outpatient, inpatient and home) including triage of phone calls, symptom management and proactive patient communication.
• Collaborates with investigators to determine trial eligibility and manage data collection.
• Collaborates with data management to assure that the documentation for the clinical trial is complete and accurate.
• Coordinates with protocol office regarding regulatory affairs.
Incumbent will interact with all hospital staff, physicians, techs, scheduling, IRB, pharmacy
• A graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN, and current DC licensure as a registered nurse and BLS certification.
• A minimum of 3 years related Oncology experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of clinical research, computer applications, and research process is preferred.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2189395
Equal Opportunity Employer