The University of Kansas Cancer Center is seeking a Postdctoral Fellow for its Community Outreach & Engagement program.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is the region's only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center where patients gain access to the most promising therapies, cutting-edge clinical trials and world class research.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will work under the supervision of Dr. Ronald Chen, Joe and Jean Brandmeyer Endowed Professor and KUCC Associate Director of Health Equity.
The candidate will engage in work related to the following areas of focus:
· Assessing cancer burden and needs of the KUCC catchment area, which includes the State of Kansas and Western Missouri.
· Assessing disparities (racial, ethnic, urban/rural, etc.) in cancer burden and needs in the KUCC catchment area.
· Identifying opportunities for and implementing evidence-based interventions to reduce the cancer burden and needs in the KUCC catchment area.
· Evaluating the activities of the community outreach and engagement efforts.
· Analyzing and publishing data on the work listed above.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV to:
We offer a comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision (effective day 1), employer paid life, LTD, flexible benefits plan, miscellaneous voluntary plans available, paid vacation and sick (begin accruing upon hire), paid holidays, paid discretionary day, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty, military leave, paid parental leave, and generous retirement contributions (after 1 year).
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.