Associate Director for Clinical Research
*To review a full job description visit www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado Cancer Center (CU Cancer Center) is seeking an Associate Director (AD) for Clinical Research (CR). The AD for CR will be a key member of the Cancer Center’s Executive Leadership team and will be responsible for fostering clinical research activities across the academic and clinical consortium members of the CU Cancer Center.
The University of Colorado Cancer Center (UCCC), headquartered at the Anschutz Medical Campus, is Colorado’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center’s clinical care sites are UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado, and both are ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network®, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America’s top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center is a consortium of approximately 300 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three healthcare delivery institutions.
This position serves at the pleasure of the Director of the CU Cancer Center.
· Doctorate Degree, MD, PhD, or MD, PhD strictly required.
· Track record in cancer clinical research experience.
· Leadership experience in a similar role at an NCI-designated cancer enter.
· Extensive experience in the design and execution of clinical trials.
· Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
· Organized, with strong attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
Conditions of Employment:
· Ability to work on-site in our office on the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A cover letter 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Statement of Research Interests. Questions should be directed to: Stephanie.Farmer@cuanschutz.edu