Are you looking for an opportunity to impact lives and be a central part of a dynamic and innovative team in the fight against cancer? As a Moffitt Clinical Research Coordinator, you’ll bring hope to patients by delivering tomorrow’s cancer treatments today! You will have the opportunity to interact directly with patients, enroll, educate and guide them through the experiences of taking part in clinical trials while receiving innovative treatments as part of a therapeutic clinical trial. You will be the member of the Team that ensures the trial is moving forward safely, smoothly, and according to plan.
Our Clinical Research Coordinators come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, including social sciences (public health, social work, sociology, psychology, communications, and more), biological sciences, business, and humanities. The Clinical Research Coordinator role is a terrific opportunity for those who have already worked in other areas of healthcare as well as those who are looking for a new and exciting way to contribute through their career.
This position offers a Monday through Friday schedule and hybrid work (mix of remote and on-site) after passing a 90-day introductory and training period. Moffitt offers paid training and orientation through its CTO (Clinical Trails Office) Academy. Position tiers may vary according to experience. Relocation assistance may be provided.
These positions work closely with patients, patient families, study sponsors (from smaller pioneer biotech companies through large pharmaceutical companies), and the Clinical Trial Team that includes physicians, pharmacists, nurses, data monitors and data managers.
Successful candidates will possess:
· Effective communication, good decision making, eagerness to embrace challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm, and time management skills
· Excellent teamwork skills and ability to collaborate with those from diverse backgrounds and experiences
· Prior experience in clinical trials is preferred
· Familiarity with regulatory requirements in clinical research or ability to successfully learn this
· Experience interacting with patients and coordinating care with medical staff
· Gain a solid learning and understanding of regulatory guidelines and following a clinical trial protocol
About Moffit Research Institute at Moffitt Cancer Center:
The Moffitt Research Institute (MRI) is comprised of approximately 150 Principal Investigators, 58 laboratories, and 306,000 square feet of research space. MRI houses information on more than 500,000 unique patients, including treatment information available from the electronic health records and Cancer Registry on more than 200,000 cancer patients, patient-reported data on 150,000 patients, and vast amounts of research and clinical-grade sequencing and expression data on more than 20,000 patients.