Medical Genetics, Director, Cedars-Sinai Cancer
Join our cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center.
Are you a Medical Geneticist ready to drive clinical risk assessments and research in cancer genetics of the Cedars-Sinai Cancer during an exciting period of growth?
Candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to Dr. Karen Reckamp, Cedars-Sinai Cancer Director c/o [email protected]
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate has a:
· training in clinical genetics and genomics,
·academic clinical/research expertise in cancer genetics and genomics
·proven track record of peer-reviewed relevant extramural funding,
· successful track record of developing innovative research programs, and
· national or international prominence in genetics research, with outstanding peer-reviewed publications, proven abilities as Principal Investigator and mentor.
· A Medical Degree (or equivalent degree from an accredited medical school).
· Board Certification in American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics.
· A published author of peer-reviewed articles and/or proven abilities to serve as principal or co-principal investigator.
· A track record of excellence in teaching, patient care, and administration.
About Cedars-Sinai Cancer
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #9 Best Hospital in Cancer Nationally in 2021-2022, the Cedars-Sinai Cancer program sees over 4800 new cases of cancer per year and is part of the Cedars-Sinai Health System, a rapidly expanding vertically integrated health system with practices located in Southern California.
Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a top 10 academic medical center for NIH funding with over $200M in extramural research grant funding. The largest academic medical center in the western United States, Cedars-Sinai also trains the next generation of physicians, researchers, and allied health professionals.