The Clinical Trials Office-Breast Data Management Department is looking for a Trials and Navigation Educator.
- Facilitate patient access and participation in clinical trials.
- Independently develop general strategies and education to improve patient screening and enrollment onto Moffitt clinical trials.
- Educate clinical and research staff about clinical trials and about identifying barriers to participation for patients and how to assist in reducing barriers.
- Assess and implement best practices in the field of navigation. Keep abreast of current related research.
- Central point of contact for all external, clinician and self-referrals to clinical trials.
- Tracks metrics and patient outcomes to document and evaluate outcomes of the navigation program and report findings.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Ownership of all Navigation processes for clinical trial accrual.
- Assess and independently implement best practices in the field of navigation.
- Perform quality assurance procedures to check work of assigned staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain currency in the navigation field nationally, evaluating literature routinely for new research and data, implementing new best practices reported.
- Collaborate with investigators and programs on clinical trials of high interest to patients.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of research experience(can include epidemiologic, observational, diagnostic, supportive care, clinical intervention).
- Previous patient contact in a health care setting required (preferably in a consenting role).
- Prior experience in education preferred.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Prior experience in education
- Spanish speaking
- CCRP/CCRC certification
Please review our website www.moffitt.org/careers