The University of Vermont (UVM) is recruiting a tenure-pathway health services researcher eligible for appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank to lead the Center for Health Services Research in the Larner College of Medicine.
UVM health services researchers collaborate across multiple colleges and departments at UVM. We seek a Director to guide and grow our health services research program, and facilitate integration of the Center across disciplines, advancing excellence in research, education/training, and service. The faculty appointment for the new Director will reside in the College of Medicine department appropriate to the expertise and interests of the selected candidate. Candidates may have health services research interests that lie in implementation and dissemination science, comparative effectiveness research, health economics, policy analysis, and community-focused interventions to address health disparities and health equity. Applications from candidates with a research focus on cancer care delivery, cancer policy and cancer health equity are preferred, with opportunities to partner with, and assume a leadership Associate Director role, in the University of Vermont Cancer Center. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will work with the Vermont Department of Health on state initiatives and interface with state political leaders and organizations in the area of health policy.
1. Direct and grow the UVM Center for Health Services Research with focuses on innovative research, education/training, and community service.
2. Promoting a collaborative interdisciplinary health services research program focused on evaluating the impact of innovative healthcare delivery models, chronic disease prevention and management, organization and financing of health care, implementation and dissemination of novel health delivery paradigms, and integrated health information systems. Research methodologies for the Director may be primarily quantitative, qualitative or mixed-methods. Approaches that include community-based behavioral interventions to promote health equity are pertinent and desired.
3. For candidates with cancer focused research program, facilitate health services research in the areas of rural cancer disparities, survivorship, cancer prevention, cancer health equity, and cancer-related public health policy.
4. Facilitate collaborative health services data access to UVM Medical Center and Health Network electronic records data. Promote research utilizing state-wide Vermont health data resource that includes integration of clinical records with universal insurance claims, Vermont public health data, patient registries, and other available healthcare databases.
5. Education and training – engage, educate, and mentor faculty and student trainees in health services research at UVM and work to expand educational opportunities for Health Services Research across UVM.
6. Service – work with community stakeholders, state-wide organizations and governmental leaders in the area of health policy.
· Doctoral degree (MD, PhD, MD/PhD, or equivalent) with strong experience in health services research.
· Experience in health services research that is nationally and internationally recognized.
· A strong record of scholarly peer-reviewed publications and extramural research funding in health services research or related fields that are consistent with appointment at Associate Professor or Professor rank.
· Evidence of success leading, coordinating, and facilitating interdisciplinary research teams.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online by submitting their CV, cover letter and statement of advancing diversity and inclusive excellence at: www.uvmjobs.com
under Position No. 00024326. Questions about this position may be directed to: [email protected]