Please apply for this role at: https://careers-fhcrc.icims.com/jobs/26322/senior-director%2c-construction/job
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
The Senior Director, Construction is responsible for delivering on a complex capital project portfolio. This role will direct internal project managers, as well as architects, contractors and consultants. The Senior Director will help oversee the development and maintenance of the technology and reporting platform within the organization. This role will inform the Vice President, Facilities and Campus Operations with regular updates on progress and performance.
· Represents senior management as required, including attending meetings, responding to informational requests and assisting in emergency response planning/training
· Initiates, sets, manages and reports against benchmarks, targets and goals for the program, aligned with the FHCC objectives and strategic plan
· Accountable for the Facilities Oversight Subcommittee - responsible for overseeing, coordinating, reviewing and providing recommendations to the Capital Oversight Committee regarding space and capital requests.
· Manages project teams, key vendors and relationships vital to the success of the capital projects, including General Contractors, Subcontractors and Consultants with financial and schedule risks; clear processes and procedures for the delivery of projects; and contract negotiations
· Directs multi-year capital improvement planning activities, including identification of proposed projects and development of their scope, budget and funding plans
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field; or equivalent education/experience
10 or more years of experience with construction project/program management techniques and methods
Seven years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience, with at least two years at the Director level or higher, with large scale construction programs
Experience in working on or closely with wet lab, clinical research, academics, and health systems
Proven flexibility in combining broad big picture thinking with relevant details
Excellent organizational and leadership skills
An analytical mindset combined with problem solving
Highly organized and a demonstrated ability to prioritize workload
Ability to develop, inspire and grow staff
Communication: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; write clearly and informatively. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact knowledgeably and effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Initiative: Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple constituencies simultaneously.
High Performance: Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and innovation, and establish metrics as a basis for increased efficiency.
Results Orientation: Focus on improvement of effectiveness and service. Hold self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determine objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work.. Comply with established control systems and rules.
The annual base salary range for this position is from $144,923 to $241,538 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications. This position may be eligible for relocation assistance. This position may be eligible for a sign on bonus.