Research Technician I-II
Please apply for this role at: https://careers-fhcrc.icims.com/jobs/26799/research-technician-i-ii/job
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
A Research Technician position is available immediately in The Ghajar Lab at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center’s Translational Research Program. The Laboratory for the Study of Metastatic Microenvironments focuses on understanding the biology underlying disseminated tumor cell (DTC) dormancy and formulating therapeutic means to eradicate dormant DTCs. We are looking for meticulous individual who understands the urgency and importance of our work to join our team to help us profile human DTCs isolated from breast cancer patients. The outcome of this work will be the identification of targets for immunotherapy.
The ideal candidate will have a BS in cell and molecular biology, immunology, or related fields, and a strong interest in cancer metastasis, immunology, and translational research. They will be responsible for: following detailed, time-sensitive protocols for processing patient specimens, mastering flow sorting techniques to purify single DTCs, following meticulous protocols to generate single cell transcriptomes, and assisting with follow up experiments to test potential immunotherapeutic targets in experimental models.
This position will work under the Principal Investigator and with the lab to:
· Keep meticulous records on processed samples, storage conditions and data generated on a large human clinical study.
· Adhere fastidiously to detailed protocols to process human bone marrow, index sort single DTCs, and generate single cell transcriptomic libraries.
· Conduct immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence on human tissue specimens.
· Organize sequencing data for downstream processing.
· Assist with follow up experiments in mice and in cell culture to test biologic and immunologic implications of human studies.
· Perform statistical analyses to analyze resulting data.
· Perform other duties – including those related to lab management – as required.
· Research Technician I minimum qualifications - bachelor’s degree in cell biology, immunology, or related disciplines. At least one-year of independent research experience outside of laboratory course work (during undergraduate tenure okay) is required.
· Experience with mammalian cell culture is required. Experience with flow cytometry, genomic approaches, and/or mouse husbandry are definite bonuses.
· Research Technician II minimum qualifications - bachelor’s degree in cell biology, immunology, or related disciplines and at least one-year (and up to three years) of independent research experience in a laboratory setting (during undergraduate tenure okay) is required.
· Experience with mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry is required. Experience with single cell genomic approaches and/or mouse husbandry are definite bonuses.
Research Technician I: The hourly pay range for this position is from $22.21 to $31.61 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Research Technician II: The hourly pay range for this position is from $25.71 to $36.60 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.