The Research Quality and Education department is looking for a Research Clinical Specialist (RN).
- Serves as clinical research resource for the research staff, nursing staff and health care providers.
- Assists and provides direction to staff with clinical research decision-making and priority setting.
- Collaborates with other clinical specialists to identify strategies to improve quality of patient care and to develop and disseminate new knowledge as it relates to clinical research.
- Assists staff in identifying, planning for and evaluating the clinical research educational needs (including prevention and detection) of patients and/or families.
- Provides input into the evaluation of clinical research to be considered for implementation at the Center. Plans appropriate in-services to facilitate safe and effective clinical research practices.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Exhibits a problem solving attitude; constantly seeks ways to improve processes, increase efficiency, and find solutions to current situation or to develop new methods and procedures.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Works with all research staff to develop collaborative relationships with ancillary departments to achieve a defined and common goal for subjects on research trials.
- Develops and assists in the implementation of clinical research as defined by protocols as well as federal regulations.
- Models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advanced concepts in areas of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of perceived, actual or potential problems that occur within the clinical research and patient population.
- Promotes quality clinical research.
- Functions as facilitator and innovator for current clinical processes and procedures with continuous direct involvement in implementation and evaluation of all procedures and processes.
- Remains abreast of developments in the healthcare/research industry through continuing education programs, professional association meetings and review of professional literature.
*Please visit our website at www.moffitt.org/careers requisition #29014*
- Master's degree (Nursing, Health related field or Education)
- Graduate of state accredited nursing program required(license must be current/updated).
- Minimum of 2 years relevant clinical research experience. (Oncology/hematology experience preferred).