The University of Kansas Cancer Center is seeking an individual to manage the HMCT clinical program portfolio as assigned by leadership. Responsible for the execution and oversight of clinical trial operations and clinical research coordinator conduct for all clinical trials from initiation through to closeout. The Program Director ensures that all clinical and departmental operations are conducted according to the mission of the Cancer Center to achieve excellence in clinical activities in the delivery of patient care and services. This position reports to the Senior Research Project Director.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is the region's only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center where patients gain access to the most promising therapies, cutting-edge clinical trials and world class research.
· Serves as the primary clinical operations contact with external and internal stakeholders. Works with senior leaders to optimize staffing, workflow policies and procedures, as needed to meet goals.
· Directly supervises clinical operations managers (2), clinical research coordinators and research staff. Facilitates and supports process improvement initiatives that enhance KUCC Clinical Trials Program and improve clinic flow.
· Develops, reviews and updates policies, procedures, process improvement, training and evaluations that help support clinic workflows, productivity, quality improvement and customer service.
· Triages and resolves clinical, research and data concerns, issues. Escalates to senior leaders as appropriate.
· Contributes to division program resource planning to accomplish institutional objectives. Interfaces with Cancer Center finance team for coverage analysis process and financial feasibility for each study.
· Education: Nursing degree (BSN or advanced level degree) associate degree or non-nursing may be considered with significant clinical expertise.
· Work Experience: Oncology clinical background and knowledge specifically in hematologic malignancies, stem cell transplant, and cellular therapeutics. Professional knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology concepts as they relate to oncology patients.
Four years of clinical experience.
Two years research experience. Relevant experience may be substituted for direct clinical research experience.
Prior management experience.
· Education: Advanced nursing degree
· Skills: Research certification
For more information or to apply, please go to: https://kumc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/kumc-jobs/job/Kansas-City-Metro-Area/Program-Director_JR001438
. Feel free to reach out to Alana Estes at: email@example.com