Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Clinical Research Budget Analysis
to oversee and manage central clinical research budget.
You will lead all aspects of the day to day activities of the Clinical Research (CR) Finance, Budget and Analysis sub-unit, to ensure an efficient and appropriate budget development and negotiation workflow. You will also serve as liaison among faculty, department leadership, and sponsors, promoting a customer service and compliance centric environment.
You report to the Associate Director, Budget and Billing Compliance, in the CR Finance unit of the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA).
What will you do:
• Oversees the development and negotiations of clinical research budgets with sponsors for new studies, amendments, feasibility studies, and letters of intent.
• Provides operational support to the Budget and Billing Compliance teams. Ensures all clinical research finance activity is of the highest quality and completed in compliance with relevant MSK, federal and sponsor.
• In collaboration with the Associate Director oversees and ensures effective collaboration between the department, research staff, Principal Investigators and CR Finance.
• Collaborates with Clinical Research IT as appropriate to develop effective and efficient tools and means of sharing, distributing and communicating information on existing and new clinical research budgets and coverage analysis.
• Participates in internal audits and monitoring; performs internal review of Budget Analyst’s work processes to monitor and recommend changes to improve compliance and efficiency.
• Plans, develops and implements or participates in assigned projects with department and/or institutional impact; develops and sustains project flows and timelines.
• Partners with divisional leadership, faculty, administrative and clinical management staff to implement new programmatic initiatives for pre-award budget development.
Who are you:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Clinical Research and/or Healthcare required; Master's Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience is required.
• 4-7 years clinical research experience
• Knowledge of clinical research financial management and oversight
• Experience in budget development and oversight, clinical trials agreements, invoicing, and fiscal management.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
Location: NYC - Midtown East near Grand Central
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.