Industry Contract Specialist
Please visit our careers page to learn more and apply online: https://careers-fhcrc.icims.com/jobs/20096/industry-contract-specialist/job
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Industry Contract Specialist is responsible for the legal and administrative management of industry supported clinical trial agreements performed at Fred Hutch. This position negotiates contract and payment terms with industry partners. The incumbent reports to the Industry Contracts Manager within Clinical Research Support, the central clinical trials office.
This role will have the opportunity to work partially at our campus and remotely.
· Reviews, negotiates, and facilitates the execution of clinical trial-related agreements with industry partners
· Ensures industry supported clinical trial agreement terms are consistent with current Fred Hutch policies and practices
· Issues subcontracts to institutions under industry supported clinical and nonclinical research agreements
· Drafts agreements, amendments, and confidentiality agreements in connection with industry supported clinical trials
· Maintains terms and conditions checklists, templates, and guidance materials for industry supported clinical trial agreements
· Seeks advice from the Offices of General Counsel and Business Development & Strategy when appropriate and recommends modifications to accommodate regulatory, legislative, or policy changes
· Provides documentation and interpretations of contractual rights and obligations internally and externally as needed
· Works closely with the Study Implementation Team to ensure industry sponsored clinical trial-related agreements are executed within applicable deadlines
· Reviews and negotiates payment terms associated with industry supported clinical trial agreements to ensure payment instructions are clear
· Assists in the review of non-industry clinical trial agreements as requested by the Office of Sponsored Research
· Provides excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
· Reviews current processes and suggests process improvements with the goal of streamlining operations
· Assists in the development of training and reference materials as needed on industry supported clinical trial agreements
Required Experience and Abilities
Bachelors degree required. Advanced degree in law or paralegal experience is preferred
3-5 years managing and/or negotiating contracts, preferably relating to clinical trials in a healthcare or academic research setting
Very good attention to detail and follow-up skills – timeliness and documentation are key to success in the position
Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), while recognizing exceptions to the SOPs and using critical thinking skills to make decisions that limit risk and meet business needs
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Communicating with all levels of an organization
Working with multi-disciplinary teams
Excellent organization skills
Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative
Understanding of clinical research and applicable regulations preferred
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com
or by calling 206-667-4700.