The Caspar Wistar Fellows Program is recruiting an exceptional, early-career, independent investigator who will be poised to join the next generation of scientific leaders. This program is designed to provide exceptional autonomy and resources to recent Ph.D. or M.D. graduates with outstanding research records, who are prepared to take an accelerated path toward independence as a principal investigator.
Program candidates must demonstrate intellectual drive and superior research credentials, a particularly creative and innovative research plan, strong communication skills, and the motivation and demonstrated capacity to conduct research with minimal supervision.
· Candidates must have been awarded a doctorate in biomedical sciences, medicine or a related field within five years of application deadline.
· Research must be related to the core research priorities of the Institute: cancer biology, immunology and/or infectious disease.
· Caspar Wistar Fellows will be appointed for a three-year term, with full salary and benefits, and the possibility of extending or being considered for promotion.
· Fellows will be part of the uniquely collegial, collaborative scientific environment of The Wistar Institute and will join Wistar programs dependent on their research area.
· Fellows will receive start-up funds to support their lab and hire a laboratory member.
· Fellows will have unfettered access to the remarkable shared resources at the Institute.
The Wistar Institute Vaccine & Immunotherapy Center and The Wistar Institute Cancer Center comprise a group of 33 exceptional faculty dedicated to fundamental and translational research in cancer biology, immunology, virology and genetics. A Fellow will be recruited with either a cancer focus who will join Wistar’s NCI-designated Cancer Center or with a vaccine/immunology focus who will join Wistar’s Vaccine & Immunotherapy Center.
The search committee will be led by established Wistar program leaders who are ideally suited to recognize how well a prospective candidate fits within the overall Wistar mission and its specific programs. Interested candidates should apply below and are required to submit a single PDF file including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a description of previous research (one page), a concise statement of research plans (up to two pages), reprints of four publications, and the names of three references to Maria Colelli at [email protected]
It is the policy of The Wistar Institute to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or on the basis of genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, with respect to all terms and conditions of employment.