Executive Director, Clinical Trials Office (CTO)
University of Rochester, Wilmot Cancer Institute
For consideration apply by: September 1, 2019
The Wilmot Cancer Institute (WCI) at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY, invites applications for an Executive Director to oversee the Clinical Trials Office and its team of highly skilled and efficient clinical research staff. Expectations for the Executive Director include continued focus on increasing efficiencies, improving quality control, and providing a robust training and education program. In partnership with the CTO Medical Director, the Executive Director will:
· Oversee and ensure successful delivery and execution of clinical trial operations, including personnel management, finances, and regulatory compliance.
· Ensure that the CTO meets all institutional, local, state, and federal regulations; Good Clinical Practice (GCPs); ICH, and IRB requirements, and that all research programs within WCI are structured to continue to meet these expectations.
· Provide expertise, guidance, and oversight to the operational units within the CTO including clinical, regulatory, finance, quality, training, and information systems.
· Provide senior operational leadership and direction for the development and growth of WCI’s CTO.
· Collaborate with the Associate Director for Clinical Research, Associate Director for Administration, and the CTO Medical Director to ensure that the development of WCI’s clinical research infrastructure is consistent with expectations of NCI-designated Cancer Centers as outlined in the Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) guidelines.
· Oversee the strategic planning, organization, and oversight of the CTO including the development of strategies for patient recruitment, compliance, performance and quality improvement, operational efficiency, and employee engagement.
· Bachelor’s degree and 5 years relevant experience, including at least 2 years at the managerial level; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Knowledge and/or experience with NCI CCSG expectations is preferred.
· Previous experience coordinating and managing oncology clinical research programs.
· Previous management experience with responsibility for oversight of >50 staff.
· SOCRA certification preferred.
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter to Brian Martin, Associate Director, Wilmot Cancer Institute (firstname.lastname@example.org
). In addition, please list three individuals with email addresses who will provide letters of reference.
The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to diversity and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in higher education.