Division Research Operations Manager – Requisition #33645 - https://moffitt.org/careers/
· Supporting two of the four research divisions at Moffitt (Population and Quantitative Science) and being involved with the day to day activities to move the divisions forward.
· Being involved in an innovative team that is excited about making change and improvements, and helping implement big ideas.
· Being the primary contact for division research staff for daily operational questions, hiring, onboarding, out-processing, and training.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Has a solid working knowledge of policies and procedures that govern population based research, preferably in oncology and prevention
· Understands the full scope of research, from inception of a project to close out, in addition to an understanding of quantitative science
· Loves to innovate and come up with new ideas
· Is a team player and enjoys a team based environment
· Can lend expertise on a daily basis.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive situations
· Ability to train research coordinators with the informed consent process
· Management expectations include but are not limited to: recruiting, training, employee development, performance management and evaluation - inclusive of hiring and terminating, coaching, mentoring, monitoring workloads and determining appropriate staffing levels as appropriate.
· Focusing on the day-to-day research study activities, administrative needs of the divisions, and quality assurance, providing problem solving and troubleshooting expertise. The position takes the lead or actively participates in development and execution of training programs and quality improvement systems, including the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), to assure high quality research.
· Collaborates with the Clinical Trials Office to ensure training is current and consistent across the institution.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's required/Master's degree preferred (Public Health or relevant field)
· Minimum of 5 years of research experience in clinical research, observational based studies and/or data science with at least 3 year of supervisory and/or leadership experience. Additional years of supervisory experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.