Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System
June 8, 2021
Director of Marketing, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, development and execution of marketing strategies for the University of Miami Health System, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center service line as well as the development and implementation of multi-channel campaigns and robust analytics to determine ROI. Working with the Executive Director of Marketing – Healthcare, the Director helps execute brand and image strategies, develops product line strategic marketing plans and is responsible for the growth of awareness, engagement and market share. The Director is experienced and skilled across all channels – traditional, digital and experiential.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identifies differentiators and key messaging within product line and helps position it to support overall brand positioning.
· Interprets and applies market research and data-based insights into market segmentation and targeting.
· Maintains a deep insight into consumer and referring physician drivers and satisfiers.
· Builds a robust marketing strategy to support consumer engagement and utilization, as well as referring physician relations.
· Integrates the latest technology platforms into marketing research, strategy and execution.
· Develops and oversees micro-targeted campaigns through CRM platform.
· Develops product line marketing budgets, manages those budgets and provides analytics for marketing expenditure ROI.
· Thinks proactively to develop opportunities across the customer experience to cross-sell and promote full continuum services (screenings, prevention, detection, etc.).
· Works collaboratively with internal colleagues and outside vendors to support marketing and business goals.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strategic and analytical thinker.
· Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Deep familiarity with our local market and its consumers.
· Demonstrated capacity to lead cross-functional teams, develop and implement product line marketing strategies and deliver awareness and volume-building results.
· Proven leadership and team building abilities.
· Keen grasp of B2B and B2C marketing strategy execution, channels and trends.
· Fully versed in digital, mobile marketing and social media applications.
· Adept in understanding and interpreting business plans, patient data, analytics and healthcare market trends.
· Spanish proficiency a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
· Master’s degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
· Minimum of four years in strategic marketing with increasing responsibilities and staff oversight.