Director of Division Operations– Requisition #33688 - https://moffitt.org/careers/
The Director of Division Operations is responsible for the oversight, management, planning and direction of grant operations within the Divisions of Population Science and Quantitative Science.
· Supporting two of the four research divisions at Moffitt (Population and Quantitative Science) and being involved with the day to day activities to move the divisions forward.
· Being involved in an innovative team that is excited about making change and improvements, and helping implement big ideas.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Knowledge of NCI-designated cancer centers or equivalent large specialized academic institutions;
· In depth experience in research division operations, including fiscal and strategic budget management (including grant development and management);
· SRA or NCURA (or equivalent) membership/participation;
· Experience with leadership development and strategic planning;
· Strong interpersonal skills to provide effective leadership within the divisions and across the institution
· Loves to innovate and come up with new ideas
· Can guide faculty and staff on the appropriate path forward for complex questions concerning grants
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Responsible for overseeing all grant operations within the divisions and ensuring that the division grant infrastructure is developed and maintained to support the growth and quality of research. This includes compliance and operational standards for grant management to enhance quality and efficiency.
· Development and oversight of short-term and long-term division strategic initiatives that align with Moffitt and MRI strategic plans.
· Provides training, coaching and mentoring for Manager of Division Grant Operations to facilitate career development and succession planning.
· Responsible for the financial oversight of division grant operations, including development of budgets, monitoring monthly expenses, grant management, and implementing strategic margin management initiatives.
Credentials and Qualifications:
Bachelor's required/Master's degree preferred (Medical/scientific, business administration or related field)
· Minimum of 8 years of grant related experience in an academic/research setting with at least 5 years of supervisory and/or leadership experience.
· Preferred: At least 5 years of direct financial accountability for an academic/research division.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.