The Penn State Cancer Institute (PSCI) at Penn State Health - Milton S Hershey Medical Center in Hershey PA has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Clinical Trials Office (CTO).
This position is responsible for the operations of the PSCI CTO to include all clinical and administrative functions. Directs managers to the various units within the PSCI CTO by establishing and implementing operational standards and monitoring progress and compliance. The Director is accountable for the strategic growth and continued success of the PSCI CTO. This position reports to the Medical Director of the CTO with a dotted line to the Associate Director for Administration. Relocation funds are authorized for this position.
- Provide oversight for the quality, regulatory, data, clinical, and financial operations of the PSCI CTO
- Develop and manage departmental operational and individual study budgets
- Assist investigators in the development of budgets for investigator-initiated trials prior to the College of Medicine (COM) central office engagement
- Work with the COM central offices to facilitate collaboration with clinical trial sponsors
- Supervise all personnel, including administration of evaluations, coordination of interviews, and selection of all personnel
- Ensure staff training and continuing education in collaboration with Clinical Research Operations Manager and Clinical Research Educator
- Assist in the management of database systems to facilitate tracking of all research-related activities and monitor compliance with all regulatory aspects of conducting clinical research, including National Cancer Institute reporting
- Represent the PSCI CTO on Health System, COM, and University committees and task forces. Serve as liaison to advance clinical research interests
- Provide oversight to the PSCI affiliate network and/or health system network. Ensure affiliation/collaborative efforts are mutually beneficial and forecast the success of each endeavor
Advanced degree required in a healthcare-related field
10 years’ of experience in clinical research
Five years’ of leadership experience
Excellent management, analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and strategic planning skills
PA licensed Registered Nurse
Knowledge on OnCore software
Management experience in oncology
In addition to a rewarding career, we also offer great BENEFITS including, but not limited to:
Paid Time Off (starts at 19.5 days annually) and Personal Time (56 hours annually)
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits – Effective immediately on Date of Hire
Penn State University Tuition Assistance (Full-Time Employees)
Elder Care/Child Care Resources
WHY PENN STATE HEALTH?
Penn State Health offers exceptional opportunities to learn and grow, exposure to a wide patient population and the ability to provide individualized, innovative, and specialized care to patients in the community. As part of one of the country’s pre-eminent universities, our 548-bed tertiary medical center is the central Pennsylvania regions only accredited Level I adult and pediatric trauma center and academic medical center. Also home to Penn State Children’s Hospital, we are considered a resource for the most complex adult and pediatric cases. Learn more about the PSCI here: https://cancer.psu.edu/about
WHY CENTRAL PA?
We are proud to possess a vibrant downtown area which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Hershey and Harrisburg Orchestras, museums, Hershey Park - a highly rated amusement park, the Hershey Theater, farmer’s markets and some of the finest dining in the region. We are an easy distance from the Lancaster Fulton Theater and Amish country, York’s Little Theater, and walkable towns like Hummelstown and Lititz. For the outdoors enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking, biking, rowing, and hunting. For sports lovers, we are home to the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears, the Minor League Baseball’s Harrisburg Senators, and the United Soccer League’s Penn FC. Central Pennsylvania is an exceptional combination of rural, suburban, and city living and is also within driving distance of some of the country’s most famous cities – Baltimore, New York City, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia.
To apply for this position, please visit the following website link and requisition #17969