Hollings Cancer Center at the Medical University of South Carolina
ZRG Partners has been engaged by the Hollings Cancer Center (HCC), a NCI-designated Cancer Center, at the Medical University of South Carolina to assist in recruiting a dynamic and inclusive leader for the role of Deputy Director. The Deputy Director will serve as the second in command to the Center Director, Dr. Raymond DuBois, and to provide strategic and scientific direction in collaboration with other members of the Executive Council at HCC in the furtherance of the mission to improve the lives of all South Carolinians through the delivery of cutting-edge cancer care through patient-centered prevention and treatment; high-impact, innovative research; community input and engagement; and education and training of the next generation of researchers and healthcare professionals.
· Terminal degree, PhD, MD or MD/PhD
· Demonstrable leadership experience within a cancer center and strong knowledge of NCI P30 Guidelines
· Sr. Academic Scientist, tenured or on a tenure-earning track, with a demonstrated research portfolio of extramural funding
· Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student community
· At least 3 years’ experience as a Cancer Center Associate Director, Program Leader or higher position.
· Experience with clinical trials and translational research
· Extensive publication record
· Extensive basic, translational and clinical cancer research experience
All inquiries will remain confidential. For more information on this opportunity, please contact:
Alan D. Johns
Academic Healthcare and Research Practice Leader
MUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, supporting workplace diversity