Salary Range: $25.03 to $40.24 hourly
Final Filing Date: 04/20/2019
The clinical research coordinator is responsible for following university, federal, and sponsor guidelines, to coordinate, perform, and oversee clinical trials data management, scheduled trial treatments, and follow-up care of clinical trials patients. The clinical research coordinator will act as a liaison between the patient, caregivers, and health care team regarding current protocols, as well as ensuring continuity of care while the patient is enrolled in the clinical trial. The clinical research coordinator verifies accurate preparation of new and renewing protocols as well as ongoing amendments, modifications, and revisions, including IRB submission and development of consent forms consistent with local, state, and federal guidelines (UC Davis Legal, UC Davis Compliance, UC Davis IRB, Department of Health and Human Services requirements, etc).
- Knowledge and understanding of oncology and disease processes as applied to clinical research
- Administrative skills and ability to exercise good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness in making decisions
- Analytical skills to evaluate information, practices, and procedures; formulate logical and objective conclusions; and make recommendations for effective solutions
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations, GCP guidelines, HIPAA, institutional policies, and SOPs for conduct of human subjects research
- Oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively correspond with the general public, co-workers, physicians, patients, caregivers, clinic staff, and other health care professionals
- Organizational skills and attention to detail so that large volumes of records can be accurately maintained and workload priorities can be determined in an appropriate way to accomplish a task or goal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs as well as databases
Occasional travel (between UC Davis and Marysville) as well as overtime will be required. Work location is in Marysville.
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, live scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
To view the full job description and submit an online application, visit UC Davis Career Opportunities
and search requisition number #054905.
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.