The University of California, Irvine (UCI) announces a national search for the Chief, Division of Hematology/Oncology in the Department of Medicine. UCI is seeking a dynamic leader with strong credentials in clinical medicine and basic, translational, or clinical research. The successful candidate will be a strategic program builder able to lead the division in a nimble manner through significant upcoming growth and expansion. The new chief is expected to: deliver patient care in an academic setting; teach medical students, residents, and fellows; engage in and foster independent extramurally-funded clinical research; and provide service to the University. The new Chief will also represent UCI and the CFCCC in this area for the University of California Cancer Consortium.
The Division of Hematology/Oncology is dedicated to education, research, and state-of-the-art care of patients with blood diseases and cancer. Faculty members are subspecialty-trained, board-certified hematologists and oncologists who care for inpatients at UCI Medical Center and outpatients at Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center (CFCCC), which is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in Orange County and one of only 50 in the nation. The CFCCC-based cancer program is ranked #46 by U.S. News & World Report (2022-2023).
This is a tenure (“in line”), or Clinical (“Clinical X”) senate faculty position. The successful candidate will have an academic appointment at the Associate/Full Professor rank. Rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience.
· An MD, MD/PhD degree (or equivalent).
· Board certification by ABIM, or eligibility, in field of Hematology/Oncology.
· Be eligible for, or currently hold, a medical license in the state of California.
· Meet requirements for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
· Strong record of scholarly activity, evidenced by high quality peer reviewed publications and a stellar record of research and research support.
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with track record of promoting an inclusive culture.
· A strong record of research and funding, including NIH and/or other federal awards and a prior record of high impact publications are preferred.
· Academic stature and accomplished clinical, leadership, and management skills to build and expand all aspects of Hematology/Oncology at UCI, while advancing the research and educational activities of the division.
· Ability to develop and communicate a vision for enhancing the clinical and academic components of the division.
· Strong leadership, coordination, team building, and management skills.
To apply for this position please use the online UCI Recruit system at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07950
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.