Join Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. We are seeking a Cancer and Aging Medical Oncologist who will focus on cancer and aging in medical oncology and the development
of translational research and clinical trials for the treatment of these diseases.
The selected candidate will have programmatic, clinical, administrative, academic and research leadership responsibilities for the program. The Medical Oncologist will lead the development and sustainment of a diverse clinical research portfolio, including investigator-initiated, cooperative group and industry trials through collaboration with basic scientists and translational researchers. The Medical Oncologist will collaborate with other faculty within the Division of Medical Oncology, and across Cedars-Sinai Cancer. The selected candidate will also participate in educational, research, and community outreach and engagement activities that are in alignment with departmental/divisional and Cedars-Sinai Cancer priorities.
Staffed by knowledgeable and specialized clinicians and research personnel, the cancer and aging oncology team is committed to best-in-class patient care, innovative research, and ongoing education in cancer and aging in medical oncology. Our team is comprised of a dedicated group of medical surgical and radiation oncologist clinician investigators and physician-scientists working together to advance research efforts related to cancer and aging in medical oncology.
The successful candidate has the following:
• training and success in the practice of medical oncology
• dedication to best-in-class patient care
• a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, organizations and leaders
• a track record of excellence in clinical research, teaching, mentoring physician trainees, patient care, and administration
• an exceptional record as an investigator conducting research on cancer in the context of lifestyle and metabolic risk factors
• professorial appointment the Associate or Professor level
• Board certification in Internal Medicine and in the subspecialty of Medical Oncology
• an unrestricted California license as Physician
Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV, a cover letter, as well as names of three references to Karen Reckamp, MD, MS at http://apply.interfolio.com/122929
At Cedars-Sinai, we are caretakers and innovators committed to the pursuit of equitable healthcare. But health equity is not possible without representation. Our commitment to diversity goes beyond demographics or checking boxes. Our people must reflect the diverse identities, experiences and geographies of the communities and patients we serve – because that’s what our patients, colleagues and communities deserve.