Associate/Full Professor - Tenure Track
Associate Director of Clinical Research
University of Hawaii at Mānoa Cancer Center
The University of Hawaii Cancer Center (UHCC; an NCI Designated Cancer Center) is seeking a physician-scientist or Academic Clinician with significant experience in the conduct of clinical trials for a Cancer Center leadership position focused on the translation of basic research findings into clinical interventions. The successful candidate will serve as Associate Director Clinical Research (ADCR) and lead all clinical research at UHCC and coordinate a State-Wide program in clinical trials including establishment of an early phase trials unit. This position will focus on clinical and translational research and is an integral position within our cancer center support grant that reports directly to the UHCC Director. The ADCR is expected to maintain clinical activity to establish relationships with industry partners to develop a portfolio of clinical trials appropriate for the multi-ethnic population of Hawaii. This faculty position is a tenure/tenure-track position and partial extramural funding from grants or industry contracts is expected. Continuation of appointment is contingent upon satisfactory performance. The successful candidate will join a team of diverse and dynamic researchers devoted to ground breaking research on the underlying mechanisms driving cancer, understanding the causes of cancer disparities in an ethnically diverse population, translation of novel diagnostics and therapeutics into clinical practice, and providing cutting edge clinical research for patients with cancer.
· MD, DO, MD/PhD or equivalent degree, with a minimum of four years in the rank of Assistant Professor, or four years of other equivalent medical experience, or a total of four years of teaching in the rank of Assistant Professor and other medical experience, or one year at the rank of Associate Professor at another medical school of recognized standing;
· Meets qualification for medical licensure in the State of Hawaii;
· Recognition for having made a significant scholarly contribution to the involved clinical specialty;
· A strong research track record with experience in the conduct of clinical trials;
· Demonstrated capacity to plan, organize and supervise a clinical/translational research program;
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize research activities; Demonstrated ability in teaching, research, and program administration;
· Ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues, and to effectively meet, interact and confer with others.
· Professor level candidates should have four years in the rank of Associate Professor, or ten years of other medical experience or one year at the rank of Professor at another University of comparable standing
A track record of cutting-edge research with an outstanding record of scientific accomplishments as evidenced by high impact publications in top-tier journals
Active national peer-reviewed funding in cancer and/or clinical and translational research, with evidence of a sustained extramural funding base.
Contact: : [email protected]
Apply: Position #0082753
Associate or Full Researcher/Professor #0082753 | Job Details tab | Career Pages (schooljobs.com)
Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.