Join our cancer enterprise at Cedars-Sinai Cancer during a transformational period of growth and help us achieve our goal of becoming a top tier nationally recognized Cancer Center. Ranked by US News & World Report as the #7 Best Hospital in Cancer in 2020-2021, Cedars-Sinai Cancer is seeking individual or research team applicants at the Assistant Professor or higher levels to fill two positions at the Center for Integrated Research in Cancer and Lifestyle (CIRCL): Associate Director of Translational Science and Associate Director of Clinical Trials.
Are you an exceptional investigator(s) conducting research on lifestyle and metabolic risk factors in cancer? Join us and together we will develop an innovative cancer and lifestyle research program.
Are you right for this role? A successful candidate has:
• an interest and success in cancer and lifestyle/metabolic risk factors
• demonstrated expertise in scientific research as it relates to cancer and lifestyle/metabolic risk factors
• a proven track record of peer reviewed extramural funding
• an extensive publication record in peer reviewed journals
• a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, organizations and leaders, and
• a track record of high-quality teaching and mentoring at the graduate level.
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter as well as names of three references to Dr. Stephen Freedland c/o AcademicRecruiting@cshs.org
Cedars-Sinai seeks to find, develop and retain the best clinical and research faculty. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, M/F/Vets/Disabled
We seek applications from exceptional investigators conducting research on cancer in the context of lifestyle and metabolic risk factors.
In this role, you will:
• Develop new and innovative research programs that will serve to improve cancer outcomes, reduce cancer disparities, reduce cancer burden and enhance community health
• Improve general understanding of the relationship between cancer and lifestyle/metabolic factors
• Strengthen the portfolio of lifestyle/metabolic-based cancer work at Cedars-Sinai Cancer and promote interdisciplinary collaborations in the area of cancer and lifestyle
• Identify meaningful molecular mechanisms by which lifestyle factors impact cancer
• Monitor cancer trends and develop a research focus that would be impactful in the Cedars-Sinai Cancer catchment area and beyond
• Conceive, prepare, and submit grant and contract proposals as principal investigator to support a cancer and lifestyle research program
• Participate in Cedars-Sinai Cancer efforts to foster healthy communities and environments and reduce cancer burden through establishment of strong internal and external collaborations, partnerships, and alliances
• Contribute to cancer therapeutic guidelines
• Contribute to advocacy initiatives, health policy development, community partnerships, government relations and volunteer management efforts of Cedars-Sinai Cancer
• Participate and contribute to the education and teaching initiatives of Cedars-Sinai Cancer
• Participate in center activities including speaking engagements, committee appointments and public or community outreach opportunities
• MD or doctoral degree required plus 5 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated excellence in cancer and lifestyle research of high scientific impact and translation
• A track record of peer-reviewed publications
• Active cancer relevant peer-reviewed funding
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and mentorship skills
• A collaborative style that fosters and supports teamwork and innovation
About Cedars-Sinai Cancer
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #7 Best Hospital in Cancer Nationally and #1 in California in 2020-2021, the Cedars-Sinai Cancer program sees over 4800 new cases of cancer per year and is part of the Cedars-Sinai Health System, a rapidly expanding vertically integrated health system with practices located in Southern California, including Tower Hematology-Oncology, The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute, Cedars-Sinai Valley Oncology Medical Group, Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey hospital, Hunt Cancer Institute at Torrance Memorial, and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Cedars-Sinai Cancer continues to pursue excellence with plans to greatly expand and sharpen the focus of its basic and translational research programs and its studies of cancer in the context of lifestyle/metabolic factors, with focus on improving cancer outcomes and helping to change behaviors that encourage cancer survivorship.
Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a top 10 academic medical center for NIH funding with over $200M in extramural research grant funding. As the largest academic medical center in the western United States, Cedars-Sinai is also training the next generation of physicians, researchers, and allied health professionals. Physicians and scientists at Cedars-Sinai are actively engaged
in translational research to bring medical advancements directly from the laboratory to the bedside.
A commitment to meeting the community's health needs has been a defining quality of Cedars-Sinai since the beginning - from the opening of the 12-bed Kaspare Cohn Hospital in Angeleno Heights in 1902 to what is now a world-renowned, nonprofit academic medical center with 890 licensed beds.
Ranked by US News & World Report as the #7 Best Hospital in 2020-2021, Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow's health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.