The University of Puerto Rico Comprehensive Cancer Center seeks applicants for an Associate Director Division of Cancer Medicine. This position is part of the ongoing recruitment effort in the UPRCCC in alignment with our strategic vision to achieve NCI-Cancer Center Designation. The Associate Director is expected to provide direction and strategic leadership for the clinical component of the cancer center. The successful candidate will be a strategic program builder able to lead the division nimbly through significant upcoming growth and expansion. Will daily oversight operations in the division, such as planning, organizing, resource management, and staffing. Also, participate in clinic or hospital positions' recruitment and evaluation processes. The appointee will be expected to maintain a strong, independent, and collaborative supervisory role to direct, supervise and evaluate clinical and research work grant-funded in the Cancer field. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, research, and tax incentives to all our research faculty recruits. Outstanding candidates with a proven track record for clinical research and administrative excellence are encouraged to apply.
The UPRCCC is affiliated with the University of Puerto Rico through a memorandum of understanding facilitating collaboration, recruitment efforts, and access to facilities and resources for investigators and faculty members, maximizing leverage and synergies. This is a clinical faculty position, and the successful candidate will have an appointment at the Associate/Full Investigator category. Category and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience.
● An MD, MD/Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with a combination of administrative experience and clinical research in cancer-related fields.
● At least five (5) years of experience as a board-certified physician in an oncological subspecialty of Medicine, Surgery, or Radiation Oncology, a proven track record of furthering cancer research and treatment, and the demonstrated ability to manage and lead a large team of medical professionals.
● Meet requirements for appointment category of Associate or Lead Investigator (equivalent to Associate or Full professor).
● Strong record of scholarly activity, evidenced by high-quality peer-reviewed publications and a stellar record of research and research support.
● Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with a track record of promoting an inclusive culture.
● Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are also necessary, as much of your job is dealing with staff and community members.
● Experience in and coordination of collaborative grants and managing transdisciplinary research.
● Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, residents, and medical students’ environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at UPRCCC.
● Accomplished clinical, leadership, and management skills to build and expand all aspects of cancer medicine activities at UPRCCC while advancing the research and educational activities of the division.
● Ability to develop and communicate a vision for enhancing the clinical and educational components of the division.
● Strong leadership, coordination, team building, and management skills.
, please include the following with your application, and send via email: Indicate in the subject line: Associate Director Division of Cancer Medicine -Job announcement and, in a single file: (1) a Cover Letter outlining the relevance of research experience and interests, (2) Curriculum vitae, and (3) a Statement of the current and proposed clinical research plan (three-page maximum) to be directly sent to: [email protected]
and [email protected]