Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking to fill a new position, the Associate Dean for Research and Clinical Trials. The position is an exciting opportunity that will have responsibility for the strategic planning, implementation, and oversight of the enterprise clinical trials programs and will participate in recurring research activities and operations conducted through the Office of the Dean. The Associate Dean will work closely with the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Education to enable clinical, translational, and basic science research across Cedars-Sinai with a special emphasis supporting new projects, academic strategic planning initiatives, academic business continuity, and serve as Medical Director for all system-wide clinical trials. It is also expected that the Associate Dean of Research will either conduct clinical trials and/or provide clinical care in their specialty. The Associate Dean of Research reports to the Vice Dean of Research and Graduate Education. Qualified candidates must quality for academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank.
The academic space at Cedars-Sinai has more than doubled in the last 10 years and currently spans across several sites in the Los Angeles area. Current facilities within a half-mile radius of the main medical center include ten buildings for clinical and basic science research. Cedars-Sinai is a partner institution in the UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI), an academic-clinical-community partnership designed to accelerate scientific discoveries and clinical breakthroughs. In addition, The Winnick Family Clinical and Translational Research Center (CTRC) is based at Cedars featuring:
· State-of-the-art equipment and facilities
· Mobility throughout the medical center
· Clinical research coordination from start-up to close-out of study
· Certified research nurses for inpatient, outpatient, on-call and mobile services
· Dedicated research dietician
· Comfortable space for participants with beds, reclining loungers, flat-screen TVs and DVD players
This mission of Cedars-Sinai has been furthered by the establishment of an expanding regional healthcare system (Cedars-Sinai Health System). The system currently includes three of the best hospitals in Southern California beyond the flagship CSMC totaling more than 2,300 beds and revenues exceeding $6 billion annually. The system also has more than 50 outpatient locations spanning the entire Los Angeles region in Santa Monica, West Los Angeles, South Bay, San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley and Marina del Rey.
Cedars-Sinai Academic Highlights Include:
· 759 active clinical trials & more than 2,300 research projects
· 105 active COVID-19 related projects
· FY21 federal awards totaled $125.3 million
· Research extramural expenses in excel of $213.5 million
· 58 graduate students
· Over 2,700 peer-reviewed Faculty Publications
Cedars-Sinai physicians and scientists are leaders in basic and clinical research, bringing advancements in medicine directly from the laboratory to the bedside. We are committed to expanding and strengthening our regional, national, and international position as a model health system that delivers high value services at all sites of care, including physical interactions in physician offices and clinics, ambulatory and outpatient centers, and inpatient facilities, as well as through electronic and other remote linkages.
· M.D. or M.D./PhD
· Eligible for an unrestricted California medical license
· Minimum of 5 years in progressive management experience in healthcare
· Experience in research and academic medicine
· Experience in clinical trials preferred
· A track record of extramural funding, both federal and industry, preferred
· Eligible for appointment to Associate Professor or Professor rank in the CSMC Professorial Series
To apply, submit a letter of intent and current CV to Dr. Christine Albert c/o: [email protected]
At Cedars-Sinai Medical Center we are proud of our diverse and inclusive work environment. We are committed to recruiting, selecting and retaining an engaged workforce from many backgrounds, perspectives and experiences at all levels of the organization, including age, gender identity, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law.