The UF Health Cancer Center stands alone in the state in our unique ability to blend comprehensive patient care and innovative research in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment. Our membership consists of more than 230 researchers, clinicians, and educators throughout UF and UF Health, all dedicated to providing the residents of Florida with leading-edge cancer care and conducting original research for the prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of cancer. Under the direction of the Associate Director for Administration, and working closely with UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) Senior Leadership, the Administrative Director of Research Administration provides direct operational management and oversight of UFHCC basic, translational and clinical research initiatives, shared resources and University grants, clinical trials and contracts. This position serves as the leader of the UFHCC’s Office of Research Administration and will play a pivotal role in automating and enhancing the efficiency of research administration services for center membership and will require an incumbent who possesses a high level of professionalism and discretion and a thorough knowledge of the policies, procedures, and operations within an academic medical research environment and will be responsible for promoting a vision and action plan for compliance and standards across the Cancer Center, fostering commitment, cooperation, and positive communication.
As the Administrative Director you will be responsible for providing direct operational management and oversight of UF Health Cancer Center (UFHCC) basic, translational, and clinical research initiatives, shared resources and University grants, clinical trials and contracts. You will also play a pivotal role in automating and enhancing the efficiency of research administration services for center membership including the areas of pre- and post-award management, resource allocation, as well as other NCI P30 Center Grant metrics as required to achieve and maintain NCI-designation. Your team will consist of the Managers for the Research Administration, Research Development, and Research Education teams and their staff as well as administrative oversight for the Office of Community Outreach and Engagement.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A Master’s degree in Research Administration, Health Administration, Public Administration, or related field as well as a minimum of seven years of experience in a similar research administration leadership position and/or complex academic/research environment;
- Professional certification in clinical research management or research administration required, such as NCURA, SOCRA or ACRP.
- Five or more years’ experience and knowledge in pre and post-award sponsored programs administration and compliance, managing a research administration team in a complex academic research environment.
- Experience managing a large clinical trials operation and knowledge of regulatory functions for clinical trials, data management and reporting, and federal regulatory requirements for research on human subjects. Prior clinical research supervisory/management experience in an NCI-designated Cancer Center preferred.
- Extensive experience in development and comprehensive budget management, to include basic research and clinical trial budgets, and operational budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Extensive administrative management and knowledge of all phases of clinical research.
- Prior experience as a senior level supervisor providing multiple functional area oversight, timely execution of deliverables with demonstrated organizational, project planning and time management skills.
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications
- Excellent meeting management, group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills with ability to synthesize aggregate data into meaningful operational metric and benchmarking reports.
- Demonstrated decision making, creative problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building skills.
- Proven experience effectively leading, managing, mentoring professional staff and building empowered employee led teams.
- Proven ability to work independently and to lead a multidisciplinary trial team in a complex matrix environment required.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across functions to optimize performance and drive projects to completion.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication and oral presentation skills required.
- Highly collaborative and energetic management style.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, decision-making and issue resolution skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, anticipate and identify conflicts, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience with job analysis and job description development.
- Proven ability to partner with a diverse group of faculty / staff / peers.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a demanding, fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with exceptional skill for managing competing priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively problem-solve using critical thinking skills and develop realistic solutions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated appreciation and ease working in a culturally diverse organization.
- Demonstrated work ethic and professional practice based on developing and maintaining collaborative, positive and effective working relationships across multiple functional groups.
- Must be able to work independently. Requires limited counsel and guidance.
The UFHCC has been serving Floridians for over 20 years and we invite you to join our talented team! Please review the complete ad including application instructions, salary information, as well as a more in-depth description of the job functions here