Assistant Research Manager
Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai
Requisition # 29066
The Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute (SOCCI) at Cedars-Sinai is looking for an Assistant Manager to join our team. The Assistant Manager Research works in tandem with the research staff to provide support, guidance, mentorship, training supervision and research program development. Incumbents in this role lean heavily upon their prior research and leadership experience to serve as liaisons key stakeholders.
• Manages the study activation process for all cancer trials, including: study activation, regulatory, protocol review and monitoring systems (PRMS), and ensures adequate tracking mechanisms, time/effort reporting and produces productivity metric reports.
• Directly manages staff within assigned cores and provides on-site and day-to-day oversight of operational activities.
• Develops staffing models, policies and processes for standardization of cancer clinical trials within assigned cores. Develops systems to manage the interdependency between the projects, and communicates the vision and objectives to teams. Continuously assesses and measures outcomes and adjusts as necessary.
• Utilizes critical thinking, problem solving, and functions as appropriate to allocate and optimize resources across all the constituent projects to ensure goals are met and on target
• Assures activities are in line with the guidelines of the CCSG grant.
• Responsible for aspects of research infrastructure development and/or maintenance; provides oversight to project planning, project logistics, and leads implementation.
• Implements and continuously refines role specific training and education program for existing staff and new employees (study activation, regulatory) and performs assessment of policies and procedures to ensure optimal operations and assists in development and/or implementation of process improvement plans within assigned cores.
• Initiates and maintains collaborative relationships between investigators and inter-departments (i.e. IRB) to streamline processes and maximize resources
• Serves as SOCCI FDA expert. Supports investigators by providing oversight of all FDA submissions to ensure compliance with federal regulations for institutionally/PI held INDs
• Responsible for developing processes and standards and quality tracking for clinicaltrials.gov and clinical trials reporting program (CTRP)
• Actively participates in clinical trial initiatives or special interest groups within National Groups
BA/BS required, Masters degree preferred
ACRP/SoCRA/RAPS (or equivalent) certification preferred.