Chief Administrative Officer
UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
As a member of the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (JCCC) senior leadership team, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides extensive operational and administrative oversight in a complex matrixed cancer center. The responsibilities of the position are broad and diverse, encompassing financial management, human resource management, systems development, space and facilities management, program planning and development, research coordination, education and training, and patient care program support. The role, in conjunction with the Director, is also responsible for strategic plan development, monitoring and assessment. The incumbent participates in senior-level policy formulation decisions, short and long term planning, and represents the center and University on a number of advisory and leadership agencies. A critical function of the CAO role is to ensure the JCCC meets and maintains National Cancer Institute (NCI) comprehensive designation.
• A Master’s degree and 10 years of leadership experience in a large institutional health care environment.
• Strong financial management skills and background, with experience in the areas of fund management, budgeting and forecasting.
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentation/public speaking abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to maximize functional interaction and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
• Cancer center experience, with thorough knowledge and expertise in federal rules and regulations governing National Cancer Institute sponsored institutions.
The applicants can view a full description of the job and complete an application by going to uclahealthcareers.org
and entering the job number, H92776.