Director of Development
UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center
Join a dynamic team of development professionals working to advance the mission of the University of New Mexico. The UNM Foundation seeks nominations and applications for the position of Director of Development for the UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center.
As the Official Cancer Center of the State of New Mexico, and the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-Designated Cancer Center in our state, we offer an unmatched depth and breadth of cancer care. We are home to New Mexico’s largest and most experienced team of cancer specialists, including 85 board-certified oncology physicians and 126 research scientists recruited from prestigious institutions across the world. All of our faculty and staff members are dedicated to providing our patients with the finest treatment and support from the moment they begin their care.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Senior Director of Development for the Cancer Center, staff, volunteers and friends to identify prospects, develop strategies leading to solicitation, and steward major donors. The primary focus of the position is to identify and cultivate prospects and solicit major gifts and event sponsorships as defined by UNM Foundation measures.
• Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the UNM Foundation and at levels defined by the Foundation.
• Establishes effective working relationship with corresponding Dean, Director or leader of University unit for fundraising matters.
• Responsible for obtaining gifts as defined by UNM Foundation, including sponsorships for all UNM Cancer Center events.
• Enlists senior management in furthering the unit’s fund raising program; provides effective staffing, and educates and supports management with respect to their Foundation leadership roles.
• Recruits, engages, and manages volunteers and provides them with leadership and direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects; coordinates volunteers’ activities to ensure their integration into the unit’s programs.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the UNM Foundation and colleagues to maximize the unit’s total gift revenue.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution required
• Five (5) or more years related experience in development/fundraising
• Experience in higher education or other non-profit organization
• Proven ability to close large private gifts.
• 25-40% travel required
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some positions may also require credit background screening as well.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000
Please visit our website at www.unmfund.org/employment
for application. We request that you submit resume and cover letter together as one document through the resume upload.
The UNM Foundation is an EEO employer.